Friday, February 10, 2012

Mommy's Little Genius

Gideon loves to play with any and all of our computer devices.  One of his first words was "Apple".

Not the fruit.  He was pointing at the logo on the back of the laptop.

He's texted gibberish to people and called random numbers.  When he was a year old, he took pictures of his feet with my old flip phone.

I've password protected my iPhone to try to keep him from switching my icons around AGAIN.  I was feeling pretty cocky about it when I saw him pick up my phone and momentarily get stymied by this block.  So I got up and went to put something away.  I came back and found him babbling away with the phone to his ear.  I smiled at how he was imitating us until I realized...the phone was connected to someone.

Someone not in English.

What?

That little rat had hit "Emergency Call", dialed a random number and CALLED ANOTHER COUNTRY JUST TO CHAT.

I hung up as quickly as I could.  Then he got the phone back and activated the Voice Control.

I DON'T EVEN KNOW HOW TO DO THAT!!!  I was sitting next to him saying "Show Mommy what you pressed!" as he jabbered away happily.

Maybe he'll make lots of money one day.  Then he can pay me back for the frustration.




No comments:

Post a Comment