Tuesday, February 7, 2012

50 Questions for Married Dates Pt 1

It should come as no surprise that I am a complete Pinterest addict.  I currently have 37 boards filled with 2,446 pins.  (That number will probably change quickly.)

One board is dedicated to my partner-in-crime, the mustard to my fries, the potato chips on my tuna sandwich, the one who yelps when I put my cold feet on the backs of his knees in bed, the one who finishes nearly every one of my Simpsons quotes...my husband.

*pause for awww*

There are date and present ideas.  There are reminders of why he's such a stud bagel.  (I'm not a muffin fan.)  Some are serious and most are wonky.  One idea that I snagged was a link to 50 Questions to Ask Your Spouse on a Date Night.  I was excited since most of our date nights begin with us backing out of the driveway vowing not to mention the kids only to find ourselves discussing Gideon's weird rash over the appetizer.

How Pinterest works is you "pin" these ideas to your board to remind yourself to come back and look at it when you have time.  As a SAHM, time is limited so this is a Godsend.  By the time the kids are in bed and I've collapsed on the couch, my brain is mush and I can barely remember what to call the refrigerator much less that awesome website I wanted to check out.

You think I'm joking?  Ask Ben how many times I've asked him to put the milk back in the Hoodle.

Back to the list.  I began reading through these "conversation starters" and well...they sound like a great way to get into an argument by the time the entrees get to the table and divorce papers will come with the cheesecake.  Maybe you that shows how immature Ben and I can be or that we just don't want to face difficult discussions.

Maybe we just don't want to discuss what songs we want played at our funerals while grabbing ice cream and then going to see The Avengers.

So, dearies, I am going to give you my list.  These questions are much more light-hearted but should still invoke conversation between you and your shmoopy.

No comments:

Post a Comment