Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Familial Follies


  • We've had a wave of stomach virus descend upon the house. It seemed to skitter over the adults and Sophie, backslap Gideon a little and then hug Milly like a swaddle blanket. Oy, the diapers that child has produced! It seems to be waning. Meanwhile, I just hold my breath when she wants to cuddle.

  • Sophie's potty training is pretty much the same. She still poops in her panties and I'm pretty sure it will stay that way until we can communicate a little better. She will go potty in other places and can tell people when she needs to go. Today, as we were all getting a little bit of fresh air, I noticed her coming up our long driveway out of the corner of my eye. I was watching Milly to make sure she didn't eat weeds. I looked up and there was my beautiful big girl...with her pants and panties around her ankles asking to go inside to the potty. We may need to work on proper timing.

  • Gideon can't seem to decide if he wants to take naps or not. I know he still needs a little nap each day because he turns into a werewolf at 5:45 if he doesn't have one. I never know what will happen when I put him down. Will he meekly lay down and gently fall asleep only to be awaked by me in an hour when he nestles his sweaty little head on my shoulder? Will he swing his Donald Duck doll around his head while caterwauling and jumping on the crib like a trampoline for an hour? NO ONE KNOWS.

  • We have new musical tastes. Sophie loves dancing to Ricky Martin. Milly sing-screeches and dances to Ozzy Osborne. Gideon sits quietly and rocks his head while smiling whenever Beck plays. My kids are cool.

No comments:

Post a Comment