Saturday, February 25, 2012

Finding My Peace

Before the throne of God above
I have a strong, a perfect plea
A great high Priest whose Name is Love
Who ever lives and pleads for me


God formed me. He knows me better than anyone else on this earth. He alone will meet all of my needs. He alone will love me perfectly. I will find peace, satisfaction and will never be lonely as long as I stay close to Him.




My name is graven on His hands
My name is written on His heart
I know that while in heaven He stands
No tongue can bid me thence depart
No tongue can bid me thence depart


Wherever I go and no matter what I do, God will love me unconditionally. He will never turn his back on me. If I feel distance from Him then it is because I have turned from Him.




When Satan tempts me to despair
And tells me of the guilt within
Upward I look and see Him there
Who made an end to all my sin


I will be bruised. I will be thrown. I will be hurt. Sometime it will be life. Some of these things will be my own fault. Whatever I have done and whatever I will do is already forgiven. Satan lies. I am still important. I am still His child. There is no reason to give up on God because He will never give up on me.

One with Himself I cannot die
My soul is purchased by His blood
My life is hid with Christ on high
With Christ my Savior and my God

With Christ my Savior and my God

My life, my soul, was paid for at an incredibly high cost. Something that I cannot even begin to fathom. It is eternal. It can never be changed. From the time I accepted that gift at 10 years old, my fate was sealed.

Behold Him there the risen Lamb
My perfect spotless righteousness
The great unchangeable I am
The King of glory and of grace


My Savior, my Father, My King is perfect. I am not and can never hope to be. Yet He still wants me. He yearns to be near me and for me to follow Him.

Because the sinless Savior died
My sinful soul is counted free
For God the Just is satisfied
To look on Him and pardon me
To look on Him and pardon me


I am ugly and covered in sin. I am human. Yet, when God looks at me, He sees nothing but the purity of the sacrifice made in my stead. It must be a choice. He can still see the real me. He created the real me. He chooses to see the sacrifice instead and pardon my sins. Then He can be free to hold me close.

How can I deny this? How can I look at humans to meet my needs when I have a perfect God who is not just able but willing and eager to love me more than I can expect?


Lyrics - Before The Throne of God by Sojourn

No comments:

Post a Comment