Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Spring Reading Thing

Ah, books. I always say that I'll read anything. Then I take a look at my Goodreads 2012 Challenge. 

Wow. That's a lot of geeky books.

My girlfriend told me of a challenge of which she was taking part and it sounded like fun.


I was ready to just take the next few books from my Goodreads list and put them up here when I paused and thought.

Why not really challenge myself?

So I looked through my To Read list and found books that I believe will further my walk with the Lord. I want to know Him better. I want to learn more about how to walk with Him. That's the reason they're on this list.

So here is my list:

Crazy Love: Overwhelmed by a Relentless God
Francis Chan

Going All the Way: Planning for a Marriage That Goes the Distance
Craig Groeschel

Having a Mary Heart in a Martha World: Finding Intimacy with God in the Busyness of Life
Joanna Weaver

Sacred Influence: How God Uses Wives to Shape the Souls of Their Husbands
Gary L. Thomas

The challenge begins on March 20th and ends on June 20th. This is my challenge. In June we'll see how I did!

5 comments:

  1. Love your goal. They all sound like they will help you accomplish your challenge. Happy spring reading.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a wonderful list. I have been reading a lot more Christian nonfiction lately, although it's still just a fraction of my overall intake. ;)

    Happy Reading!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like you've got some great books to help you reach your goal! Happy reading and God bless!

    ReplyDelete