Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Freezer Meals: Review

Today marks the end of the first week of the Freezer Meal experiment. I think this is working out nicely!

Here's what the first week looked like after a few switches:












Not too shabby!

My freezer is also pretty darn full.
  • chicken parm casserole bag
  • 2 roast chicken bags
  • 4 chicken fajita bags
  • 4 marinated steak bags
  • beef stroganoff bag
I haven't even started making the other meals. It's a little time consuming and difficult to do with ankle biters. I do still have a lot of chicken that is ready to be pounded, stuffed and marinated in different ways. I think I might have overbought a little this month and I'm ahead of myself for next month. No bother! Chicken was on a great sale and now I can focus on some good fresh veggies for sides. I also didn't take into account how much leftovers I would have. That stroganoff recipe makes enough for 3 nights which is why we had a leftover night.

I looked at the food budget and it has gone WAY down. We haven't been going to the store every other day to get this and that. I might send my husband to the store after work to get a few things but he's much better about sticking to a strict list.

Plus, if I had to listen to my daughter ask for grapes one more time then my brain was going to flee screaming into the night.

Notes to self: Buy grapes on sale and freeze them. Cut down the stroganoff recipe. Congratulate husband for eating spinach.

1 comment:

  1. Frozen grapes are like heavenly versions of mini-popsicles. Win-win.
    Congratulations on eating spinach, Ben. May your colon be ever-so-grateful to you.

    ReplyDelete