Saturday, May 11, 2013

For Mama

My mother taught me...

  • to keep a closet full of classics and accessorize with the trendy.
  • to be kind to everyone, including those who mistreat you. You don't know their story.
  • to use your hands to pat out biscuit dough because a rolling pin will make them too flat.
  • that stay-at-home mothers need not feel like they're freeloading non-workers. There are many ways for us to save money at home.
  • to trust in God's timing and provision. But it's still OK to call your mom and tell her that you're scared.
  • that mascara, lipstick and a little blush can completely pull together your look.
  • to breathe deep whenever you feel overwhelmed.
  • that you don't have to try to go to sleep but you do need to close your eyes and be still.
  • to belly laugh at funny things.
  • to encourage my children to take new steps while reassuring them that I'm here if they fall.
My mother is my inspiration, my friend, my role model and my safe place. I know that I have always been loved and I can never do anything that will make my mother turn her back on me. Her arms will always be open and ready to embrace me.

Happy Mother's Day, Mama.

No comments:

Post a Comment