Monday, April 16, 2012

Monday Brain Dump

Last night I was lying in bed and listening to my husband snore. He has a really bad cold. I thought of something really funny about the kids for my blog but now I can't remember it because I was up all night. You'll just have to trust me. It was really funny. I'm going to have to get a notebook to keep by the side of the bed for when inspiration hits.

All of the kids have the cold, too. Gideon is the worst. I had to give him saline and his inhaler this morning. He's not too wild about me at the moment. He also had his first seasonal bloody nose on Friday night. Saturday morning scared his Daddy. It looks like Gideon is going to have some rough allergy seasons.

Milly has been waking up in the middle of the night with a grumbly tummy. A bottle of milk usually sets her to right and she'll go back to sleep. She's also eating a lot at meals. I think we've hit a growth spurt and I'm considering hanging a hamster bottle to her crib. I'm watching her stalk her siblings now. Whenever they sit their sippy cups down, she grabs them and drinks as fast as she can. Little thief.

I like cheesy monster movies. I stayed up last night watching Underworld. I loved Van Helsing. The Blade trilogy is one of my must-sees. Constantine was even pretty decent and I'm a fan of the comic books. (The books are better.) I think I'm going to try Resident Evil.

SPILL RESISTANT SNACK CUPS, MY SHINY CELLULITE MARKED BUTT.

Gideon is saying words now. He'll repeat me on some things and others are spontaneous. I'm realizing that the selective muteism may not be spectrum-related but may just be his personality. He doesn't like to be the center of attention. He won't speak when his loudmouth sister is talking for him. Yesterday, he sat by me and quietly recited the whole alphabet. He started it himself and grinned at me as if to say "Are you hearing this?"

Yes, baby. I heard every letter.

No comments:

Post a Comment