Monday, October 24, 2011

Beef and Mushroom Win

Thank you, Crockstar, for changing my life.

I've been looking for a good beef stroganoff recipe for a while now. Extra points if I can dump it in the crock pot and walk away. I've tried a few and was disappointed. The gravy was bland, thin or non-existent. Then I found this on Pinterest.

YES, ANOTHER PINTEREST RECIPE.

The Stuff:
2 pounds cubed stew meat
1 can Condensed Golden Mushroom Soup
1 can Beefy Onion Soup
1/2 bag of frozen chopped onion
1/2 cup water
4 TBSP of Worcestershire
8 oz of cream cheese
1 tsp garlic powder
1 tsp onion powder
1 tsp black pepper
1 tsp kosher salt
1 TBSP butter
3 oz sliced mushrooms

The Process:
First dump your canned soups into the crock along with the water, onion and Worcestshire. Stir until combined and then add your stew meat. Mine was frozen. I love meals that I don't have to defrost because I NEVER remember to defrost the dadgum meat! Turn it to Low and walk away.

After about 7 hours, come back and savor your creation. It's almost ready. Cube the cream cheese and drop it in. Turn the crock up to High and let it go.


Here's where I got a little tricky. My husband doesn't like mushrooms. I still love him but that means that I have to cook my mushrooms separately. I think I actually like it better this way! I just melted the butter in a saucepan and dumped the mushrooms in. Once they were browned and starting to soften, I sprinkled the seasonings on and stirred. I covered them and set them on medium. Every few minutes I would stir them and then I just took them off the heat when they were to my liking.

Ben will probably eat the stroganoff over mashed potatoes. I ate it over my glorious sauteed mushrooms. I'm even thinking of making the gravy and mushrooms as a side dish for steak.

Try it, lovelies. It's good for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment